I’ve done another fun project with Sotokoto. This time they asked me to create typography, maps, and a few spots. This is how I started idea sketches of the letters.
Below are some of the samples I sent out. Some were based on existing fonts but others were newly created with a hint taken from various fonts. Page design was not fixed at that stage and I was not sure what would suit well, so I ended up with eight versions in all.
They chose 2_c, and below are my typography inverted and applied on the pages, and one of the final maps sitting in the corner. I made a couple of spots too, but this is going to be too long so I’ll put the rest on my website… I had a lot of fun.